Pre-departure thoughts

Nine more days and counting before I leave for a six-month volunteering mission to the Gambia. I have spent months preparing this and cannot believe it is actually happening now. My apartment is rented, car sold, and obtained all necessary vaccinations.

As I have been to the Gambia twice before, I know more or less what is waiting for me in terms of climate, culture, cuisine, and customs, but going for six months is very different than for a two week holiday.

But it's the people I am going there for, hopefully I can share some of my knowledge and skills to help them improve their lives.

But this is exactly why I am undertaking this journey, to test my own boundaries and get out of my comfort zone. I just need to let go and let live.....

Next update will follow once I'm on the ground in the Gambia.


Comments

Unknown said…
Well done Marc and good luck.
Unknown said…
Keep safe and enjoy!
I look forward to reading your thoughts about it!

Popular Posts